feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

The Web Starter Success Guide (2009)

Labels:

PDF 440 pages 10.9 MB

All I was doing back in 2005 was looking for a book on Amazon, honest!I’d just finished writing MasterList Professional, a Windows personal taskmanager, of which I planned to sell a million copies so that I could retireforever from my contract programming job. Only one problem: I couldn’tfind a book on Amazon that explained how to sell those million copies.After 20+ years of dealing with clients and corporations, specs and customapps, I knew zip about marketing, branding, positioning, software downloads,credit card processing, small business legalities, and the like. Ineeded that book. I didn’t find it.So I wrote Micro-ISV: From Vision to Reality (Apress, 2006). It did well. Istarted spending more and more time talking with the kind of people Iliked, comoderating a forum on the business of software, conducting interviewsfor a podcast, and then working for actual money with startups andmicroISVs (self-funded startups). Then I wrote another book (on blogging),followed by two e-books, and then created a new podcast (this timemy own, The Startup Success Podcast, with the able help of my cohost,Pat Foley).I like startups. Startup founders have a dream, a passion, a desire tomake something happen, not just to do what others have done. But bymid-2007 I had come to realize three things. First, there had to be a betterway to bootstrap a software business than either to hire someone expensivelike myself or to flail at it week after week. From this realization wasborn the idea of StartupToDo.Second, I realized that to create StartupToDo I’d have to go from beinga Windows desktop programmer to being a Ruby on Rails developer conversantin JavaScript, Linux server admin, CSS—all the things I’d avoided upuntil then. I thought it would take six months for this—ha! Two years later,and with the help of a lot of people, I’m just about to launch.Third, I realized that MasterList Professional, though a great program,was never going to sell those million copies and no longer occupied centerstage in my life. It was time to move on from it, from Windows, and fromdesktop programming.Thus I wrote this book. The Web Startup Success Guide is kind of theKill Bill Vol. II of what it takes to create a successful startup. I have writtenit for all those developers who are ready to step up and create more thanjust an alternative to programming for money for someone else. There’s awhole other story now to be explored and told, one being written by tensof thousands of developers on the Web, on mobile and social platforms,even on desktops. Right now it’s a story unfolding in front of a backdropof global economic disruption, which paradoxically makes it a great timefor startups—disruption creates opportunity, engenders new needs, andchanges old ideas.I think this book turned out very well, thanks to the several hundredpeople who were kind enough to answer my questions, correct my assumptions,and share their experience. I hope you learn as much reading it as Idid writing it, and I look forward to hearing about your startup’s successes inthe days ahead.

DOWNLOAD:-

http://hotfile.com/dl/14140675/2511eb9/Apress.The.Web.Starter.Success.Guide.Edition.July.2009.Retail.Ebook-ATTiCA.zip.html








0 comments:

Post a Comment